A monastery on the way to Thimphu from Paro

April 6, 2010

Some new scenery

I have left Thimphu, my home and sanctuary in Bhutan. My father and step mom have come into the country and I plan on spending the remainder of my days with them. I hopped into a car after saying my goodbye's to John and Diane and drove for an hour to Paro, the second largest town in the country. Halfway through the trip, my stomach threatened to retch and I could only hold on as the driver weaved in-between cars, taking us to the brink of potential death over and over again. I arrived at the Uma Hotel, probably the only five-star hotel in the country; I would expect nothing less of my father.

After an hour or so in the hotel, we went for a walk around a hillside. It was a beautiful walk and we eventually came upon a cliff overlooking the airport. The day's adventures were limited, but the next day promised to be worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry to hear you have left Thimphu already! We missed you at Wisdom Tea yesterday. I would have loved to have met up before you skipped town. Please keep me posted on the rest of your adventure (cara-foster@hotmail.com). Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete